Online: Plant-based Ink Making Workshop at TDAC
Time & Location
About The Event
About the Workshop:
An introduction to three different techniques to ink making from natural local sources foraged and brought to class by Molly Holmlund. What do we mean by foraged? We will make inks from oak galls, Oregon grape and rose petals— all sourced from the Columbia River Gorge. We will experiment with modifiers (vinegar, alum, and baking soda) to change and shift the colors initially formed with the plant materials. We will use the created inks to explore the effects of layering and the resulting shifts in tonality. Participants will utilize their discoveries to design small works of abstract art and create a set of inks to take home.
Things to Know:
- All supplies are provided with the material fees
- Maximum 6 students per session. Each student will have their own worktable placed at the appropriate social distance
- No experience necessary
- Masks required
- Tickets are $120 + $30 material fee
- To register, please follow the ticket prompts below. Once registered you'll get an automated email with all of your class information and ticket.
- Sold OutPlant-based Ink Making Class$150$1500$0