Beginning Tapestry Weaving Workshop at TDAC
Time & Location
About The Event
About the Class:
Participants will learn the principles of basic tapestry weaving including planning a weaving, warping a small frame loom, keeping edges straight, joining colors, various edge finishes including fringe types, working in ends, and finishing a tapestry. This workshop lasts two days.
Kristie has 35+ years of experience in textiles and is the principal of Textiles+Color – a textile design and color consulting business. She is also the owner of LittleWeavingsCo – a company producing artisanal, one-of-a-kind pillows and tapestries. Her work can be seen at https://www.littleweavingsco.com/
Things to Know:
- Instructor will supply looms, weaving tools, yarn, scissors, and small notebook
- Students should bring a sack lunch both days
- Maximum 6 students per session. Each student will have their own worktable placed at the appropriate social distance
- No experience necessary
- Masks required
- Tickets are $180 + $20 material fee
- To register, please follow the ticket prompts below. Once registered you'll get an automated email with all of your class information and ticket.
- Tapestry Weaving Workshop$200$200Sold Out