The Dalles Art Center & Gallery
220 E 4th St., The Dalles OR 97058
“Gorge Artists Create” Entry Information
August 1 - 31, 2012
“Gorge Artists Create” is our annual juried show held each summer. There is no theme, so
works in all media and any topic are welcome. This show is open to the Mid-Columbia area and
is very popular with local artists. Cash prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Place as well as People’s
Choice will be awarded. We will accept submissions July 10 - 24 during regular gallery
hours: Tuesday - Saturday 11-5pm.
Fees: A non-refundable $10 per submitted piece with a maximum of three submissions.
• Entries are to be current work - completed within the past year.
• All work is to be the artist’s own, original work - no reproductions, copy or class work. Please
keep in mind that using someone else’s photograph or image, unless substantially changed, is
• Work should not have been shown at The Dalles Art Center previously.
• Work MUST be ready to display or hang - where appropriate, work must be framed and be
able to hang from a hook. Please use a wire rather than a toothed hanger. If you have
special display needs, please contact us ahead of time to make arrangements.
• Artists with oversize pieces should arrange ahead for delivery and set up of work.
• Work accepted into a show is to remain for the duration of the show unless the Director grants
a specific exemption. Work must be removed promptly at the end of the show unless prior
arrangements have been made.
• We prefer work be for sale, but do not require it to be. The gallery will receive a 35%
commission on any work sold during a show, regardless of source of sale; artists set selling
• The Dalles Art Center reserves the right to make the final decision on what will be included in
• If the artwork is not sold, Artist agrees to remove the items from The Dalles Art Center within
30 days unless prior arrangements have been made. If not removed, the items become
property of The Dalles Art Center.